The Dads' Club raises nearly $9,000 for the St. Baldrick's Foundation
Updated: Mar 15, 2019
For the 5th year in a row, the Dads’ Club hosted a fundraiser to support the St. Baldrick’s Foundation – an organization with a mission to help fight against childhood cancers. This year was a huge success with the Dads’ Club raising close to $9,000! The fundraiser culminated with the annual head shaving event held on Wednesday, March 13th.
While we’d like to recognize all who shaved heads for this important cause, we wanted to give a special shoutout to Dr. Faccio, NHP Memorial High School’s principal and Mike Harsch, school faculty member. Both had offered to shave their heads if the Dads’ Club reaches $5,000 and $7,500 milestone goals. The added incentive worked – with a lot of help from the school’s faculty, students, and other community members, we surpassed our goal and can proudly present the St. Baldrick’s Foundation with a huge check!
While many were involved who contributed to our success, we’d like to specially recognize the following:
- BIG thanks to Rob Costa who donated his Subway Series tickets for a hugely successful raffle; in addition, a special thanks for his dedicated efforts in rallying the school and community!
- Lisa Bocchino and the Key Club hosted the NHP Faculty Game in March; ticket and raffle sale proceeds were all generously donated to the Dads’ Club to support this fundraiser
- Ms. Trainor and the Special Education Department hosted a bake sale for this initiative
- The Diaz and Lok families who raised the most as individual families
- Davi’s Barber Shop for providing their services
We had a great turnout with students and faculty gathering to watch Dr. Faccio, Mike, and others shave their heads. Local media (Newsday, News 12) were also present to cover our event. Check out the video below!
Thank you again to all who supported us and contributed to this event!!